Last night I made some artichoke spinach stuffed mushrooms with a strawberry, feta, almond, arugula salad!
Here is the recipe for the mushrooms:
2 large portobello mushroom caps
1/2 package of frozen spinach
1/2 14 oz can of artichoke hearts
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
1 tablespoon of sour cream
3 tablespoons of mozzarella
2 tablespoons of parmesan
1. To make these, cook the mushrooms until soft and drain the excess water out
2. Thaw the spinach and remove all the excess water.
3. Drain the artichokes and chop them up.
4. Put the spinach, artichoke, mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, and sour cream with a dash of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
5. Stuff the mushrooms with the filling.
6. Put back in the oven and cooked until warm and melty!
Now, for the salad! This is so simple and tasty.
Put into a bowl a handful of arugula, some sliced up juicy strawberries, a few pinches of sliced almonds, and a dusting (or heaping scoop lol) of feta. Drizzle with balsamic and BAM, a delicious salad!
Finally, my dessert last night was cottage cheese with baked cinnamon apples, blueberries, a pinch of granola, and a pinch of chocolate chips.
This is what I did:
Put about 0.5 cups of cottage cheese in a bowl.
Slice up a granny smith apple with a splash of water, cinnamon, and sweetener. Cook in the oven or microwave until soft.
Top the cottage cheese with the apples.
Top that with the granola and chocolate chips.
The chocolate chips will get all ooey and gooey because of the warm apples!!
I hope everyone had a lovely long weekend and a fresh start to the week!
Try out these recipes and let me know what ya think!! ;)